Chapter 06 - Learning Swift and Xcode

This forum contains answers readers may have for each chapter as well as any corrections to the book. The forum also contains the Source Code for the book.

Moderator: gary.bennett

Chapter 06 - Learning Swift and Xcode

Postby gary.bennett » Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:35 pm

Any Questions or Comments, click on the "Post Reply" button below to post. You will need to set up an account first, it just takes a second.

Free Swift Webinars
Every Monday at 5:30pm (pacific time), xcelMe.com will present free-live iOS Swift Programming Courses, covering topics from Swift for Absolute Beginners Book and beyond.

Register here
Live Q/A and sessions are recorded for later playback here

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
gary.bennett

Re: Chapter 06 - Learning Swift and Xcode

Postby Basso » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:55 am

From Main.storyboard I cannot connect the Button's "Touch up inside" control; I right-click on its + symbol, get the stretchy blue line, but it just won't light up and connect to anything in the upper left folder/file window (as in fig. 6-20).

Please Thank You
Basso

Postby gary.bennett » Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:10 am

Basso wrote:From Main.storyboard I cannot connect the Button's "Touch up inside" control; I right-click on its + symbol, get the stretchy blue line, but it just won't light up and connect to anything in the upper left folder/file window (as in fig. 6-20).

Please Thank You

This is from the forum on Chapter 7. :) It is probably your same problem. Let me know
Attached is a short video that should answer several of your questions about why outlets and actions are not connecting. I figured it was easier to show in a video then type it up. Let me know if this helped or not.

phpBB [video]
gary.bennett

Postby Basso » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:17 pm

Thank you. The video worked great...
Basso

Postby BitSprocket » Sat May 16, 2015 1:33 pm

Also, in chapter six there's nothing mentioning that we have to open the Document Outline pane to connect things as shown in figure 6-20. We can get to that by clicking the icon in the lower left of the story board window or by going to Edit | Show document outline.
BitSprocket

Postby zany76 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:11 pm

hello,

while connecting the button to View Controler I see in the menu "showNameWithSender" instead of "showName" and while connecting the "Label" in the menu I don't have "nameLabel" and "view" but 'View Controller"; could you please explain me why?
thanks a lot!

FabZ
zany76

Return to Book -> Swift 2.0 for Absolute Beginners: iPhone and Mac Programming Made Easy 2nd Edition